Welcome To Houston County Lake! Enjoy the nature!
The lake has many subdivisons and is becoming increasingly developed as growth in the major cities spreads. It is still in early stages of development and is far from the likes of a Lake Conroe of Lewisville. It still has and will continue to have the small town charm for many years.
Technical data on the lake
- located 9 miles outside of historic Crockett Texas
- was impounded in 1965
- approx. 1330 acres
- there is a modern T.P.W.D. boat launch at the dam. It is free to launch and has free parking. There is also a launch at the Crockett Family Resort
- there is no gas, food or stores on the lake. (Closest is Crockett @ 9 miles) so shop first. There is a small store with limited supplies at Crockett Family Resort
- there are no boat rentals on H.C.L. Rentals are available in Dallas and sometimes Houston
- Verizon phones work great, ATT in some areas with Sprint not working at all (Our feedback)
- lodging is available at www.VacationCountryRentals.com